Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Birthday and School


We had a great last week of summer vacation!  Thursday we went to the zoo.  The kids had a lot of fun observing the animals.  Like Andrew had fun watching a turtle eat his vegetables.   We all enjoyed watching the fish (maybe because it is in an air conditioned building.)  We enjoyed watching the tiger try to pull a piece of wood out of the water, with his teeth!  I was thankful we were separated by a wall, his teeth sure looked sharp.  It was a good day to be together.  That evening we went to the schools for “Meet the Teacher Night.”  The kids were a bit nervous to see where they would be.  We went to both schools and were able to meet lots of teachers and see friends.  The kids were excited about starting school after that.

Friday was Spencer’s birthday!  We had a busy day of play.  In the morning we went to play group at the spray pad and had fun playing in the water with friends.  We brought cookies to share with our friends too.  For lunch I took the kids to Burger King, Spencer’s choice.  The biggest draw is the play area there.  The kids enjoyed playing for about an hour.  Then we went home to relax.  In the evening we had a family party time with balloons, gifts and pie.  Spencer didn’t want cake, so I made him a peanut butter pie.  He was so happy to be 6!

Monday I took Andrew and Spencer to the doctor for well child visits.  They are well and healthy, that is always good news.  I think they entertained the staff there pretty good too.  The doctor even had fun showing them some little toys out of the treasure chest to give kids after they visits.  She was cute with them.  I am glad that it went well and they aren’t afraid of going to the doctor.

Tuesday was the first day of school!  The kids were so excited they all woke up early.  Ruth was up before 6am.  She helped get lunches fixed and then headed off to the bus stop by herself.  I had offered to walk her over and make sure she was getting on the right bus, but she didn’t want me to.  I guess she is getting old enough to have some independence.  She had a great first day and was full of exciting things to tell after school.  The bus riding is going okay and I think it will be just fine for her to do.   I took Andrew and Spencer to the elementary school.  Andrew didn’t want me to walk him to class, so he went off to 3rd grade.  Spencer wanted me to go with him to his 1st grade class.  He was happy to be there though and hardly looked back at me after we walk into the door.  Caleb and I walked out of the school and I realized how quiet it was going to be.  

Summer was fun and full of activity.  The last couple of days have been busy for me, but less activity with only one home most the day.  I am thankful they have good schools to attend.  Last night I enjoyed going to book club.  I am thankful for having a break from routine and be around other great women.  I am thankful to have our school schedule back.  It is nice to have more structure to our day again.  




The boys had fun climbing on the statutes at the zoo




Spencer had fun with his birthday!









First day of school!




No comments:

Post a Comment