Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Ruth's Birthday

I had some time this morning and thought I would write and keep up with my journaling of the family events.  Last week Neal was in Arkansas for a couple of days for work. I don’t mention that he is gone beforehand, just for my safety and not wanting people to know he isn’t home. He got home Friday morning and had the rest of the day off. We went to a plant nursery and were able to buy a red currant bush. I was wanting one because we had one growing up and I love the juice for jelly and pancake syrup. We were looking around and had asked one worker if they had it and he said no. We were just looking and then asked someone else if we could what currants and berries they had. He took us back into a corner where they had a few golden currants and gooseberries. We were talking to the man and just looking and then we found a pot that the colorful tag had fallen off but the sticker on the pot said it was a red currant. I was excited about that. They did have one and we were able to get it. We were able to get it planted later in the day too. There are already some new little leaves forming on it, so I hope that it is happy and makes many yummy berries for us. Neal and I also stopped and bought a burger for lunch and enjoyed our date time.

Saturday was a nice day. We had time at home to work on projects. I got outside and worked, I even got the kids outside to help with weeding. In the afternoon Neal and Andrew went on a bike ride with Andrew’s friend, Aiden. They had a great time. Andrew crashed and skinned his elbow and tore his pants, but it was still fun.

Sunday was a busy day. The time goes by so quickly as we are fulfilling our church assignments. Ruth went with one of young women leaders to bring treats to a girl in their class. In the evening Neal took Ruth to a Stake fireside where they talked about preparing for missionary work.

Monday was Ruth’s 15th birthday! She had a fun day. I got up early and made her pancakes. She leaves for seminary at 5:50, so I really did get up early. But it was fun to do something for her. Neal went to the high school to volunteer helping the physic students with Rube Goldberg projects. He was working with a group as their mentor to help them complete theirs. He was there the whole school day.  Spencer and Caleb’s classes walked over to the high school to see the projects. I walked with Caleb’s class. It was interesting to see. If you don’t know what Rube Goldberg projects are, because I didn’t know it by name, they are chain reaction things. The high school kids had to have 10 steps in theirs. It was fun to see all the creativeness in them and how they would work. We had a fun afternoon and evening with the family. Ruth was happy and enjoyed being the center of attention. We even took time to look at her baby pictures. It was a good day.




I gave her a portable CD player and speaker




Yesterday was a nice day too. I helped in the library in the morning. Spencer and Caleb went bike riding with their friends Otis and Charlie after school.  They got into the sprinklers at the school and Spencer got his feet soaked. This morning his shoes were still wet, so he had to wear his sandals to school. He didn’t mind. The weather is so nice and it definitely is spring.


Caleb had fun with his stuffed dogs.
I found a bunch of pictures of Spencer's Lego projects on the camera
this morning, I picked out one to share. He loves Lego and
has been enjoying taking pictures.



Last night I enjoyed going to a Relief Society activity and Book Club discussion. It was a busy evening but I enjoyed the time visiting with other women. I took a few pictures of things in the yard this morning. I am happy the iris’s have started to bloom. The apple tree blossoms smell so good. I like spring time.


Above is the apple tree, below is the pear. I like the 
smell of apple blossoms better than pear.



above is the small apple tree, below are apricots forming, 
I will need to thin them out soon.



The iris's are pretty and smell good. 
The purple trees are blooming. 



The red currant bush

No comments:

Post a Comment