Friday, October 6, 2017

Corn Dip Recipe

I have had a few requests for my award winning recipe.  It is rather simple but well liked.  I usually use Miracle Whip, just because I prefer it.  I used fresh chiles for the time I won the awards for best tasting. 



Corn Dip

2 11 ounce cans Mexican Corn (corn with red and green peppers in it), drained
2 4.5 ounce cans chopped green chiles, drained
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
⅔ cup grated Parmesan
1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Corn chips for dipping

Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.  In a medium bowl, mix the corn, chiles, cheese and mayonnaise until fully combined.  Spread the mixture in the prepared casserole dish and bake uncovered until bubbly around the edges, 30-40 minutes.  Serve the dip warm from the oven with corn chips.

Can substitute fresh chiles for the canned green chiles.  Cut open and take out seeds from green chiles or Anaheim peppers.  Cut into small pieces.  Use 1 cup of chopped chiles, put in a small sauce pan with a small amount of water.  Bring to boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Add them to the corn mixture in place of the canned chiles.

1 comment: