Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Busy December

It has been a busy two weeks since I last wrote. Andrew and Spencer enjoyed performing  with the children’s choir at the Stake music concert.  They did a great job.  They really enjoyed being a part of the group.  We had a Cub Scout pack meeting that the kids had fun with and Ruth and Andrew went to birthday parties for friends.


I did one picture with flash and one without and I decided to include both because they both show some fun things. This was at the church, right after their choir performance one night. 


We had Stake Conference at the beginning of the month and a new Stake presidency was called.  It was a special meeting with the visiting seventies that came.  Elders Villreal and Pearson came and I enjoyed listening to them speak.

Last week was the elementary school book fair.  I helped out a few times and that kept me busy.  I enjoy going to the temple each week.  I taught Caleb’s primary class Sunday and need to be working on my lesson for Relief Society this week.  

Spencer had his coat zipper break and that bothered me because we bought the coat just last year.  I went to the store and bought a zipper and replaced it.  I think it turned out okay, I can see the flaws, but it works, so that is what counts.  Spencer is also struggling with head aches almost every day.  I worry about him.  Today we are going to a doctor to have his eyes checked.  I hope that getting glasses can help him.  I guess we will see what they say today.

Last Friday evening we invited a family over for dinner.  This is Caleb’s friend from school, Xan and his family. It was nice to get to know the family better.  They are nice people.  Xan came over again on Saturday afternoon to play.  The boys have fun together.  

Saturday Neal took Andrew and Spencer to their first model train club meeting.  They really enjoyed it.  I think it will be a good things for them to try.  The club meets once a month.  I think it will help them to see things others do with trains and give them a chance to make friends with other boys who love trains.  After their club meeting Neal worked with Andrew to start building his table for Andrew’s train lay out.  He plans on building a N-scale layout first.  They bought the supplies the week before and started making it this week.  This is a part of Andrew’s Christmas gift and he is very happy about it.

Sunday evening we took the family caroling to a few families in our ward and shared some treats I had made.  Then on Monday we meet our neighbors, the Allen’s and Duran’s, who are in our ward and went caroling to a few of our neighbors on our street.  It was a fun Family Home Evening activity.  It is nice to have other members of the church living close by.

Last night we had the middle school Christmas band concert.  The kids enjoyed playing and did a nice job with their songs.  

Well, this is a short note today but I wanted to let everyone know we are thinking of them and how we are doing.  Life is busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment