Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Busy Fall Time

Some times I think that I don’t have that much going on, after all I don’t work out of the home, all my kids go to school, what do I do?  Well, the time always passes quickly and I stay busy doing things.  I just hope I am using my time well.  I enjoy going to the temple every week.  It is such a blessing to live close to one.  I am thankful that I can be at home as my children go off to school and that I am here when they come home.  I am finding it harder to help with Ruth and Andrew’s home work as they get into harder subjects.  I just don’t remember the rules of math like I should, I guess because I don’t use it.  I have gone visiting teaching this last week.  I am enjoying getting to know my sisters.  They are all great women that I can learn from.  

I worked hard last week to hang up pictures.  I got all the family portraits hung.  I like having them up on the walls to remember those times.  Caleb enjoyed seeing pictures of the other kids when they were young.  He didn’t remember a lot of the pictures, many which have been boxed up for over two years.  I think my efforts look nice.  I still have some random pictures to hang up but am getting close to getting it done.  Maybe I will work on that this afternoon.  I decided to take my sewing machine into a repair shop and get it fixed.  It took over a week and I was getting anxious but I got it back yesterday and worked on mending all afternoon.  Now I got that caught up I can start working on my other projects that have been sitting.  I am thankful for the knowledge I have of sewing, that I can make things for my family.  


We did school pictures this year, so these are current from this fall


When I pulled pictures out I realized I had three identical frames and so I put pictures in them that matched too.  The kids, top 2015, right 2013 and bottom 2012



Last week I went to a Relief Society activity were they did a pie baking contest.  I won an award and that was fun.  I am glad that they enjoyed my pie.  Next week I will make more pies for my family.  I cooked up two of the Halloween pumpkins (the two that were carved) and we have enjoyed some pumpkin foods this week.  I also made home made donuts from a recipe from a friend and they turned out good.  I like baking and cooking.  Today while I was visiting teaching one of the ladies commented to me how thin Neal is and teased me about not feeding him.  I laughed and said I do feed him, he just doesn’t keep it on him.  I am glad that I can cook.  I try to fix healthy things for our family, not all pies and donuts!  Last week I bought some bulb flowers and planted them.  I look forward to seeing them in the spring.  I also got my temple cross stitch framed.  I think it turned out well.



Well, that was a lot about me.  The kids are doing well too.  I went to a Stake Youth Standards night with Ruth.  I enjoyed hearing the questions and answers the Stake leaders did.  It helped me to remember how blessed we are to have the gospel of Christ as our foundation in this crazy world.  

Andrew and Spencer have enjoyed going to the stake children’s choir this last month.  They practice on Sunday evenings.  They will be performing the first week of December with the adult stake choir for a special Christmas program.  I am glad that they enjoy music.

Last week the kids were home from school on Tuesday, for the presidential election.  No school since schools were being used for voting sites.  Then on Friday they were home for Veterans day.  It was nice to have them around more last week.  They enjoyed time home too.  Caleb worked hard and finished his report on komodo dragons.  

Ruth had a babysitting job the last couple of days.  A family in our ward who lives on our street needed some help with their boys after school.  Both parents work and most the time they can work their schedules out to be home for the boys but this week they needed help.  Ruth enjoyed being with the boys and the boys liked her and cheered when the mom said thanks and said she will call Ruth again sometime.  I am glad she had a chance to babysit.  She loves being around children and needed that.

We are doing well and are thankful to be together.  Neal’s work isn’t as demanding right now and he has been able to get some projects done at home.  We are slowly getting things fixed the way we would like.  I am enjoying the fall colors.  We are suppose to have a frost this week end.  So the leaves should change more dramatically and even start falling.  Andrew and I enjoyed watching the “super moon” Monday morning.  Andrew wanted to try pictures of it, but I don’t have a good enough camera for that.  It was pretty.  Spencer continues to read a lot lately, he tends to read a lot of comic book type books.  Andrew likes to dream and draw ideas for train layouts.  He bought a little N scale engine last week and has a small layout on a table top.  It is fun to see what interests the children and to encourage them to explore more.


We were a little slow getting the camera out and just got pictures of the moon setting, taken from our back yard



I think the trees in the front yard a pretty with their red leaves.  I decided I needed a picture before the leaves all fall with the frost.



No comments:

Post a Comment