Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Peaches and Leaks

The week went quickly for me. I picked more peaches from our neighbors tree.   I decided to bottle some too.  They have been very tasty and I am sure we will enjoy them.  I am glad that I made the effort to do it.



We still have a leaky bath tub.  We did have the plumber come out Friday to look at it.  It is determined we need to replace the valves on both the bath tub in the children’s bath room and the shower in the master bath.  We have an appointment for the plumber to come back this Friday to do the work.  He is busy and that was the first day he had a big enough time slot to schedule the work.  I hope it all goes smoothly and we can get the leaks fixed. The kids have had fun plugging the tub and letting it fill, then playing in the water.  So I guess there has been some use of the water leaking, it still bothers me that it leaks. 

The missionaries came to dinner on Saturday.  We enjoyed visiting with them.  Then we had them help move the piano.  I thought we had things in good places but as we looked at that room we decided we wanted things different.  It was good that the missionaries could help Neal.  They were able to lift the piano up the step and get it into place. Ruth and Andrew helped me move some book shelves around. I like the way the front room looks now.  Eventually we will get more seating in that room.

The kids are having a good week.  Caleb is enjoying going to a singing class.  Ruth has a class called “mini MTC” and had fun going Monday.  Monday we went visiting teaching.  My partner has a pool at her house.  She invited us and our sister to teach over for swimming.  It was a nice time.  Tuesday Ruth was invited by her friend Brooke from school to go swimming.  There were other girls there that Ruth is friends with and she had lots of fun.  Today Caleb has invited over his two best friends, Miles and Xan, to come play in the fountain.  It is nice to have water play when the weather has been so hot.  

I hope everyone is enjoying a good summer time.  We only have about five weeks until school starts and are realizing how quickly the summer break can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment