Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ruth's Birthday and our House

I have had a busy week.  I know I didn’t write last week so I wanted to make sure to do it today.  So much is going on all the time it is hard to keep up with it.  We are enjoying a beautiful spring time and I realized I didn’t take a picture of the beautiful lilacs by our front door when they were in full bloom, they are dying back now.  I enjoyed them a lot though.

Last Saturday was Ruth’s 13th birthday.  She is happy to be a teen ager.  Caleb is a bit worried because he says that teen agers are grumpy.  Ruth is happy this week.  Yesterday she set up an email account and is excited to think she can do that now.  So if you would like her email address message me and I will give it to you.  

We had a fun time with a friend party for her.  She invited some girls from church and school and seven came.  So we had a great group to play games and visit with.  We also had lunch together.  The girls were all so kind and friendly to each other.  I am thankful that she has been able to make such good friends here.  Since we had a big meal for lunch I fixed waffles for dinner and she thought that was great.  She had a fun day and I am glad that it all turned out well for her. It was especially good since we are in the middle of packing that things went fine for her birthday.  Neal took time to move a lot of boxes and things into the garage so that the living area looked nice and open for her party.  We have been working on packing but still have a lot to do.



Caleb had some fun with the stickers the girls were playing a game with





She was excited about the party and had a fun time


The boys playing in the garage full of stuff

The boys got out the roller coaster toy again and got it working

Monday we went into the title company and signed all the papers for the house.  We didn’t get the keys until Tuesday late afternoon.  But this morning I went over to the house and looked around.  Everything looks great.  The sellers left the house is good condition.  They even left a few little things but I didn’t mind what they left behind.  It was nice to walk around this morning and check things out.  It is going to a be a good place for our family.  I am excited about moving in now.  It will be a lot of work though and that overwhelms me.  









This is the view out my bedroom window 


looking down into the yard from my bedroom







Last night I went to a Relief Society activity about gardening.  It was helpful to me since I need to know about how to do things here.  We have some fruit trees in the yard and last night one of the men talked about caring for fruit trees.  I hope we can keep the yard looking nice.  It is fully landscaped, no lawn though.  There are lots of roses and other pretty flowers.  We have thought of a few places we can try growing some vegetables too.  The back yard borders an open space so we have a great view of the mountains.  There is still a lot of work to do to get settled in but it will be worth it.  The kids haven’t seen the house yet.  We plan on taking them over tonight.  They are excited about it.  

This morning I went over to a sister in our ward home because she was giving away fabric and I got some nice pieces.  Maybe I will get organized enough to make some things this summer with the kids.  They always are wanting to do crafts.

I am thankful for my family.

If you would like our new address message me and I can send it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment