Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fall Weather

The weeks go by so fast sometimes I wonder if I really have anything to say.  Last week Neal traveled to our house in Hewitt.  He was gone for a couple of days.  We missed him.  He was able to check on the house and get it signed up with a property manager to try to rent.  He also did lots of cleaning and maintenance around the house and yard. We were happy that he made it back to us and we enjoyed a nice Sunday.  Sunday morning we had a regional broadcast conference.  We had some excellent speakers and I enjoyed listening to their messages.  

Friday the elementary school was doing a Thanksgiving lunch.  I worked out with the teachers to be able to eat with all three boys together.  We went to the Kindergarten time slot and Spencer and Andrew were able to get out of their classes for a bit.  It was nice to sit and eat a special meal with the boys.  I haven’t eaten lunch at school with any of the kids before, so it was new for me too.

Saturday for lunch I took Andrew on a date.  His choice of activities was to eat at a pizza restaurant and buy a whole pizza that he could bring home and eat over a couple of days.  We enjoyed our time together and he enjoyed his pizza.  After our lunch we got all the kids and went to the park.  It was a pretty day, cold but sunny.  The kids had fun playing.  Caleb enjoyed seeing dogs at the park.  One dog was a beagle, just like his favorite stuffed puppy.  He ran up to the dog and said, “My favorite kind of dog! I love beagles.”  The owner laughed at him and I think she enjoyed his cuteness as he crawled along side the dog for a few minutes talking to him.  The dog was friendly and cute too.

Last night Ruth and I went to a dinner for Relief Society and Young Women.  It was a nice dinner and we enjoyed visiting with the sisters at our table.  Ruth also got with her friends and planned a get together for today.  She is at Anna's home this afternoon.  I am sure there is lots of giggling going on.

Andrew got out his recorder the other day.  Spencer was really interested in it and wished we were still in Texas so he could learn how to play the recorder from Mrs. Music at the school.  Ruth got out her recorder and told Spencer he could have it.  Then Andrew started giving him lessons on how to play.  In fact they even pulled up a recorder music book that Andrew used that he found on the internet again.  They were going through the pages and Andrew was helping Spencer learn things.  It was neat to seem them working together.  The boys are all doing well with their piano right now too.  Caleb is more excited about learning and is progressing through the Primer book quickly.  Ruth enjoys playing the clarinet.  I am thankful for music in our home.





It is cold today.  I am having a hard time getting warm.  I don’t have snow though like many do further north.  I guess it is that time of year and I hope we can all enjoy it and be safe.

Spencer trying to stay warm

No comments:

Post a Comment