Friday, August 22, 2014

Family Time

15 August 2014

We still don’t have internet at home, but I will try to write a bit about our week and share this when I can.

I feel like things are starting to calm down in my life.  I have been able to unpack things and feel like we have moved in the house now.  Although I am still finding where to put things and need to figure out something for food storage.  The kitchen is a bit small and doesn’t have a pantry or a place to put extra food.  I would like to start stocking up again on things we normally use, but I don’t have anywhere to put it.

We enjoyed going to church again in our new ward.  The members there are all very friendly.  The kids are enjoying getting to know other children in the ward.  Yesterday we went to the park for a play time with ward members.  Many came and there were lots of kids to get to be friends with.  I am glad that this ward has kids my children’s ages.  I also enjoyed meeting new sisters.  Yesterday I had two of the Relief Society leaders come to my house to meet me and visit.  I enjoyed having them come.  

We have also continued going on bike rides/walks every morning.  The kids are really enjoying having a place to ride their bikes.  We have been exploring the neighborhood and also the bike trails behind our house.  And playing at the many parks around the area. The weather is so nice here too.  I like how it cools down at night and the humidity isn’t very high.  It seems that Broomfield has a goal to have lots of open space and parks.  I read that 40% of the city is open space.  I am enjoying that.

On Wednesday Ruth went to a 6th grade orientation at the school.  All the 6th graders are new to this school so it was a way to help them know what to expect.  I am glad that Ruth was able to go.  She had fun meeting new people and also seeing some girls from church.  I think she will enjoy being at school this year.

Saturday Neal took Andrew and Spencer to the store to buy their birthday presents.  He decided to get them fishing poles and gear.  They were really excited about it.  The boys had such big smiles on their faces when they came home, carrying in their fishing poles.  This week is Neal’s long week end.  With his new job he has every other Friday off work.  So yesterday he came home a little early and was able to take the boys on a over night camping/fishing trip.  They have been planning and preparing all week and were so excited about going.  I hope that it went well. We are still waiting their return.

Ruth and I had a nice time without the boys around.  We did some shopping and got Sonic for dinner last night.  We had fun watching “The Music Man” movie last night together.  It is nice to spend some time with her.  We decided we didn’t want to go “roughing” it in the wilderness camping trip.  Tonight is the ward camp out and we have things ready to go to that.  As soon as the boys come home we will load up and leave for the ward outing.  

We are happy to be together as a family and grateful that things aren’t so stressful any more.  Now, if we could just sell our Hewitt home things would be going great.  So if anyone knows of anyone in need of a house in the Waco area, we have a great one to recommend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment